- A FAQ is a list of frequently asked questions on a certain topic. Most Internet resources, such as mailing lists, newsgroups, and Web sites, have FAQs.
- A firewall is a system (software or hardware or both) used to prevent unauthorized access to a private network from the rest of the Internet.
- font (including variable and fixed width)
- A font is the design for a set of characters, including qualities like size and spacing.
A variable font is one where different characters have different widths.
A fixed width font is one where every character has the same width.
- A forum is an online discussion group. Forums can be newsgroups, or they can be Web-based.
- Freeware is software distributed for free. Originally, freeware was made by non-profit developers. Recently, companies have been distributing free software as well. Find out more about freeware.
- FTP is a way of transferring files from one Internet computer to another. FTP sites are collections of files that can be downloaded, organized into directories. FTP stands for file transfer protocol.