- electronic commerce
- Electronic commerce is the process of doing business on the Internet.
- E-mail, or electronic mail, is a system of relaying messages through the Internet, from one Internet user to another.
- An emoticon is a group of 3 or 4 punctuation characters which resemble a face turned sideways displaying a mood. They are used to clarify how the person is feeling when they are typing their message. Emoticon is short for emotion icon. A smiley :-) is an emoticon.
- Encryption is the process of scrambling a message so that it can only be read by the party it is intended for. Some Web transactions and e-mail messages are scrambled, or encrypted, for security reasons.
- An executable is a file that can be executed, or run, on your computer. Programs such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Word are executables. Shareware programs are also executables.