Dialup Numbers | Server Addresses | DIALUP SETTINGS
You may need to set up your Business Internet software to dial in to the Business Internet service if you find yourself in one of the following situations:
You know that you have only lost one or two of your Business Internet software settings.
You want to use unsupported software other than your Business Internet software (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer) to connect to the Business Internet service.
You want to set up your computer to connect to the Business Internet service as well as to a LAN (Local Area Network).
Manually restoring your Business Internet dialup settings
- You will need the following pieces of information before you continue.
- User ID
- Dialup password
- Dialup phone number (this can be found on our dialup numbers page)
- Primary and secondary DNS numbers (these can be found on our setup table)
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop. Double-click the Dial-Up Networking folder.
- Locate and right-click (do not double-click) the Dial [your name]'s Account icon.
- Click Properties in the menu that appears.
- Click the General tab, then click the Properties button. Type the dialup number in the Telephone number box. Ensure that Use country code and are code is unchecked.
- Click the Server Types tab. Click the check-box beside TCP/IP. None of the other check boxes should be checked.
- Click TCP/IP so that the box is checked. Click the circle beside Server assigned IP address.
- Click the circle beside Specify name sever addresses. Type the primary and secondary DNS numbers beside Primary DNS and Secondary DNS, respectively. Click OK, then click OKagain.
- Double-click the Dial [your name]'s Account icon. Type your
Business Internet User ID in the User name box; type your password in the Password box.
- Click Connect to save your dialup settings and confirm that you can connect to the Business Internet service with your new settings.